Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What King Wenceslas Taught Me About Faith

Greetings fellow Travellers! :-)

Let's be honest, here. This Tuesday was not my perkiest day ever.

In fact, I was downright depressed.

Despite the wonderful moves forward, we still seemed very far away from where we need to be re: getting our biz up, running, & producing enough income to protect us from homelessness, while the countdown to said potential-homelessness ticked relentlessly onward.

Besides, it was one of Mike's Early Mornings, which didn't exactly help, or did, depending on how you look at it.

So, anyway, I'd finally gotten back to sleep, and a restful sleep too, when I was given a Gift which helped to put it all in perspective.

I had a dream, and in this dream I was a guest in a fellow musician's kitchen. It was narrow, but homey, light yellow for the walls of the surrounding rooms, and medium-brown woods for the cupboards. It was open, because it was so small. Basically counterspace with a sink in and cabinets above that separated that part of the room from the rest of the living/dining area.

Looking out into the living room, I saw a radio to my left on the counter, which was playing the human Christmas carol “Good King Wenceslas”. A gorgeous recording, a male duet or trio, maybe even as many as a quartet, singing essentially a capella.

As I listened, the story of the king and his page and their Journey of faith reminded me that, in the end, it really is all about faith, and the personal choice of whether or not to have that faith.

When I awoke, I was much quieter in heart & mind, my faith, at least for now, restored.

So, your Question for the Day, should you choose to answer it (and I hope you will! :-D) is...

Have you had an experience lately that has renewed your faith?

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune! :-)
-Birdy! :>

P.S. - Please share your comments, answers, questions, and stories in the comments section below, or by e-mailling us at phoenyxravenswing at gmail dot com -B! :>

No comments: