Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Gift of Grace & Patience

Greetings fellow Travellers! :-)

It turns out to be Gift Week this week. Not a bad idea at all, to remember all the gifts we're given.


So with that in mind, I give you... a Gift of Grace & Patience.

Our friends, seen & unseen & as-yet unseen, look out for us. It's a nice feeling, to know that there are people out there who care about you & your well-being, to the point they will sometimes create little miracles to help you along your way.

As I wrote yesterday, it seems to be Gift Week this week, and today was no exception.

I'd had a client who'd decided not-to-be-a-client, and in the midst of the resulting self-doubt & answer, I'd decided to have Mike pick up one of the decks of Oracle cards I'd been recommending.

It was the Fairy deck by Dorreen Virtue. We have Fairies, in their true guise as Nature Spirits (i.e., without the wings & bodies), who have become our friends. We first became interested in them as a species because of the Fairy channelling partner of one of the people from the channelling class before ours. So even though I know the bodies and wings are human conventions to explain a particular form of energy being, I felt the deck could bring me some comfort at a time I felt I needed it.

So, Mike bought it, brought it home, and I sat down to work with it.

Now her decks are heavily gilt on the edges, to the point that it takes some time & patience to initially get the cards apart.

So I lay on our bed, under the reading lamp, carefully bending the cards ever so slightly, breaking the golden seals that had held them together, studying the pictures as each new card was revealed.

And then I had to laugh, and I felt comforted. For revealed in the deck was not one, but TWO Patience cards. “Patience, Please. 'What you're asking for is coming about. Have patience, as there are unseen factors that need to occur first.” And with that, I knew that the Universe had not, in fact, forgotten me, but was instead holding me, and us, most carefully in Its thoughts.

I went to sleep much calmer and happier that night.

Thank you Friends! :-)

So, your Question for the Day, should you choose to answer it (and I hope you will! :-D) is...

Is there a place in your life where you are being asked for Patience?

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune! :-)
-Birdy! :>

P.S. - Please share your comments, answers, questions, and stories in the comments section below, or by e-mailling us at phoenyxravenswing at gmail dot com -B! :>

No comments: