Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Any Size Is Beautiful

Greetings, fellow Travellers! :-D

In my wanderings over the Internetz this past weekend, I've had cause to pause, reflecting on the very small current readership of this blog. Now, I could have added that to my list of things I'm depressed about, but I found that I don't want to do so. I'm happy where I am.

There's a freedom in 'talking to the air'. (Or in this case 'typing into the ether'. :-D) For me, at least, it's a weird kind of permission to say exactly what I want to say, how I want to say it, without the need to worry about how it will be received or perceived. Now, yes, I should be doing that anyway, but we all know that that's not always the easiest thing to do, especially for a woman. Add to that a certain shyness and you have a perfect recipe for endless self-editing.

So I'm choosing to revel in my present anonymity. If any of what we've been channelling comes to pass, it will end soon enough. For now, I will enjoy the chance to simply be who I am, without worrying about how others see me.

And later on, when more folk come on board, that will be nice too. Writing words that inspire people is a very heady brew, and one that I'm looking forward to getting back to after taking several years off to grieve passed relatives and old lives. It's nice to be able to make a connection with people, to share our humanity and remind us all that none of us are truly alone.

It's all about choice, after all, and choosing to live in the present moment. So, as I type these words to the small audience I have now, and the larger audience I may have later, I leave you this evening with this question:

Are you happy at any size?

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune! :-)
-Bird

No comments: